“From the web interface used to order a birthday gift to the mobile interface used for paying bills, companies need modern capabilities like cloud solutions and deeper analytics to run their businesses in a secure environment,” writes Alison Butterill for IBM System’s In the Making blog. Companies across all industries have a long history of turning to IBM i on Power Systems to meet their needs.
And just last week, IBM announced the release of IBMi 7.3. Ms. Butterill reports the new release will allow you to better:
- Conduct accurate analysis of data within a specific historical time period and provide an outlet to compare the insights against current data with DB2 for i temporal support.
- Analyze data to plan ahead and build new strategies that improve business operations with newly enhanced OLAP functionality.
- Optimize system management and security with the security authority collection.
Chief Architect for IBM i operating systems, Steve Will, also discusses the IBMi 7.3 release for IBM Systems Magazine. In his article, he writes the new release will have features that simplify insight, provide intelligent security and bring new open source options to developers. Mr. Will provides several links to bloggers who dig deeper into each aspect of the new release. Here are the articles of note:
- For more on IBMi 7.3 DB2 enhancements such as temporal support and OLAP functions, check out Mike Cain’s post on DB2fori blog.
- Dawn May on IBM Systems Magazine dives into the security enhancements for 7.3, specifically the Authority Collection feature
- IBM Business Architect for Application Development, Tim Rowe, takes a developer’s look at new integration with open source on System i Developers blog
Are you interested in talking specifically about what IBMi 7.3 can bring to your business? Contact our team at Evolving Solutions.