Wayne Williams for BetaNews reports about a recent study conducted by the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and ISACA titled The Cloud Market Maturity study. This new study looks at the top ten concerns that still seem to limit the acceptance of cloud computing as well as limits an organizations perception of the benefits. Here is where confidence is currently weakest for cloud computing:
- Government regulations keeping pace with the market.
- Exit strategies.
- International data privacy.
- Legal issues.
- Contract lock in.
- Data ownership and custodian responsibilities.
- Longevity of suppliers.
- Integration of cloud with internal systems.
- Credibility of suppliers.
- Testing and assurance.
Although this list is titled as the top “concerns” for many organizations, the list also makes for a very useful summary of discussion points that should take place between you and a cloud service provider and internally when exploring a potential cloud project and partnership.