About Evolving Solutions
Evolving Solutions is a value-added technology reseller located west of Minneapolis in Hamel, MN. Our business includes providing architecture, sales and support of technical solutions in support of client’s infrastructure needs, both on and off-premise. This may include server and storage design, consolidation and capacity planning, public and private cloud offerings, managed services, virtualization solutions or any number of related service offerings. We have strategic relationships with leading technology partners including NetApp, IBM, HPE, Cisco, Brocade, VMware, along with many others.
We offer an industry-leading compensation package that includes: health and dental insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, a 401K program, flex plan, and profit sharing.
If you are a highly capable technology consultant interested in joining a dynamic, rapidly growing technology company, don’t miss this exciting opportunity to be part of a uniquely qualified team and to achieve both personal fulfillment and financial success.
Evolving Solutions Core Values:
• Do the Right Thing – do what is right every day. Your personal integrity and the reputation of Evolving depends on this.
• Be a Team Player – Evolving Solutions is better when everyone is together. The ability to solve problems as a team for our clients and partners is Evolving Solutions’ strength and differentiation.
• Be Humbly Confident – Possess knowledge and experience to deliver at the highest level, while maintaining the willingness to learn more and the humility to recognize you will never know it all.
Primary Impact of the Consultant
The Storage Consultant will work directly with clients to improve or develop their technology infrastructure. The consultant will advise clients on the best practices for their data storage environment to meet their business and technology objectives. The consultant will help deploy solutions in client environments and provide knowledge transfer. The individual will also provide assistance as necessary to resolve any existing issues or problems that the client is faced with.
• Thorough knowledge and experience with NetApp Storage for both NAS and SAN protocols
• Strong knowledge of networking from a storage and host perspective (i.e. VLAN’s and port channels)
• Strong knowledge of SAN from a storage and host perspective
• Experience with Windows SMB/CIFS interaction and configuration (i.e. Active Directory, Security Permissions, Shares)
• Experience with Unix/Linux NFS interaction and configuration
• Experience with VMware interaction and configuration with NAS or SAN protocols
• Ability to setup client’s initial storage solutions from initial implementation to “go live” phase
• Experience with MS-Visio for solution design and documentation
• Understanding of Data Protection principals (i.e. RPO/RTO, replication, backups)
• Experience with Hyper-V or KVM Hypervisor interaction
• Experience with Data Protection applications (i.e. NetBackup, TSM/Spectrum Protect, Commvault, Veeam)
• Experience with Data Protection hardware (i.e. tape, data reduction appliance)
• Experience with Cisco UCS platform (compute, networking, & storage) and Hyper-Converged solutions
• NCDA Certification (or will obtain)
• Corporate office in Hamel, MN when not at client sites
• Reports to the Director of Professional Services
• Up to 20% out of region; at client sites majority of time during week