Cloud Seminar Series - Public Clouds - Sept 24
The promise of Cloud computing is agility, freedom from costly infrastructure, and a “pay as you go” model. But not all Cloud models are the same. What will work for one type of environment may not be the best fit for another.
Key agenda items:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Hype verses Reality
- Bare Metal (SoftLayer) - What does it really mean in the Cloud?
- I can’t use Cloud because of regulations (HIPAA, SOX, Safe Harbor, PCI, etc.) – YES YOU CAN
- What about MY DATA (is it safe, what if I need to move it, where is it?)
- I can’t put everything in the cloud (Cloud is NOT All or Nothing)
Cloud can meet and exceed your needs if you choose the right Cloud provider and right Cloud strategy.
Join us to learn more about the Amazon Web Services approach and explore what “bare metal” options like SoftLayer mean to your organization. We’ll also discuss how Public Cloud solutions address various industry regulations, how to migrate data and where your data is located. Finally, Cloud is not an all or nothing decision. Let’s look at what makes sense for Cloud computing and how that’s integrated with your on premise architecture in a Hybrid Cloud design.Thursday, September 24
Crave - West End
1603 West End Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Seminar Check-in: 11:15 - 11:30am
Seminar: 11:30am - 12:30pm
This event has passed.