Evolving Solutions is one of three finalists recognized in the category of Outstanding Systems Storage Solutions.
Minneapolis, MN, May 24, 2012 – Evolving Solutions, a leading provider of data center infrastructure solutions, announced today that it is a 2012 IBM Beacon Awards Finalist in the Outstanding Systems Storage Solution category.
IBM Beacon Awards recognize technical excellence, industry expertise, and innovative solutions for IBM technology and services. As an IBM Premier Business Partner, Evolving Solutions is able to offer superior IT solutions to its customers.
“Evolving Solutions appreciates the Beacon Award recognition and views the achievement as a validation of our continued investment in resources directed at enabling our clients to leverage leading edge storage technologies to optimize their datacenters,” said Jaime Gmach, President of Evolving Solutions.
Evolving Solutions was named a 2012 finalist for the “Data Protection Private Cloud” solution they implemented at a large healthcare system. Evolving Solutions replaced 99% of their existing 3494 tape, and tape vaulting by implementing a de-duplication virtual tape library with replication for multi-site disaster recovery.
As a result of this implementation, the healthcare system was able to achieve the following benefits:
- An average of 8:1 to 12:1 data compression, compared to 2:1 previously (300% to 500% improvement)
- Backup is completed in less than 6 hours (50% improvement)
- ProtecTIER replication requires no labor resources and data is replicated quickly from site-to-site.
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO) for disaster recovery has been reduced from multiple weeks to multiple hours.
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO) has been cut in half.
“Evolving Solutions has successfully implemented the Data Protection Private Cloud solution at multiple customer locations,” said Jaime Gmach. “We were able to show our clients the enhanced value that we provide through our solution’s overall performance, availability, data integrity, TSM integration, support and pricing.”