Client Technical Advisor
Evolving Solutions Core Values:
Do the Right Thing
Do what is right every day. Your personal integrity and the reputation of Evolving depends on this.
Be a Team Player
Evolving Solutions is better when everyone is together. The ability to solve problems as a team for our clients and partners is Evolving Solutions’ strength and differentiation.
Be Humbly Confident
Possess knowledge and experience to deliver at the highest level, while maintaining the willingness to learn more and the humility to recognize you will never know it all.
The Client Technical Advisor is a key member of the Evolving Solutions Professional Services team. This individual is a hybrid pre-sales and post-sales consulting (billable) resource who serves in a technical support engineering capacity to provide technical support for our wide-ranging client base and our internal Sales and Technical teams.
Desired Skills / Accountability
- Experience with enterprise compute, storage and networking hardware, equipment repair and installation, and equipment moves, adds and changes.
- Ability to collaborate closely with clients and sales and technical teams as an on-site technical project lead.
- Ability to lead special client project assignments when requested by end users.
- Serve as technical project manager and general technical liaison in a broad range of datacenter projects in scenarios where Evolving Solutions is asked to lead such engagements.
- Work competently within a variety of client industries and organizational sizes including enterprise, mid-market and small businesses.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, plus project management experience and expertise.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to resolve complex technical issues and to work with vendor support organizations when called upon.
- Work with the Professional Services team to develop and validate Statements of Work content for complex projects.
- Coordinate and direct services from Evolving Solutions vendors and subcontractors for complex projects.
- Engage with Evolving Solutions and vendor (primarily IBM) sales teams to ensure proposals are appropriate for clients.
- Provide input and insight to the extended team with regards to overall solution architecture, particularly from the perspective of ongoing support, availability and serviceability of solutions.
- Lead IBM Solutions Assurance reviews, and document accordingly.
- Communicate (in writing and verbally) clearly with internal and external constituencies.
- Requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or 2-year IT technical.
- A minimum of 10 years of related work.
- Experience with IBM Z (Mainframe) is not required but is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Project is not required but is a plus.
- Corporate office in Hamel, MN (near Plymouth)
- Reports to the Director of Service Delivery