APM Solution Architect
Evolving Solutions Core Values:
Do the Right Thing
Do what is right every day. Your personal integrity and the reputation of Evolving Solutions depends on this.
Be a Team Player
Evolving Solutions is better when everyone is together. The ability to solve problems as a team for our clients and partners is Evolving Solutions’ strength and differentiation.
Be Humbly Confident
Possess knowledge and experience to deliver at the highest level, while maintaining the willingness to learn more and the humility to recognize you will never know it all.
Primary Impact and Accountability
The Hybrid Infrastructure Architect creates architecture design for, and leads implementation of, our client’s hybrid cloud and next generation data center solutions. He/she will be the primary subject matter expert for the company’s distributed compute and storage architecture approach, including x86, hyperconverged, VMware, Red Hat, Microsoft, SAN, NAS and public IaaS providers.
The Architect will have experience with consulting, designing, and implementing advanced data center and hybrid cloud strategies for large enterprise accounts.
- Lead client conversations on compute, storage and software defined infrastructure solutions
- Evaluate and present data center and hybrid cloud solutions to clients, providing necessary information for client to understand the technical value of the design provided.
- Lead technical team presale efforts for x86-based servers, hyperconverged, SAN and NAS storage and hyperconverged platforms. Accountable for attaining annual financial targets for these products
- Lead technical presales of hybrid cloud solutions including both data center and public cloud components
- Provide technical leadership for data management and data protection offerings integrating public cloud capabilities with data center infrastructure
- Propose and lead services engagements to implement solutions
- Design, architecture and deployment of production enterprise workloads in a variety of infrastructure environments, including software defined solutions and hybrid cloud
- 5+ years of experience with Enterprise Technology operations of data center compute, storage, network and/or virtualization environment
- Analyzing IT workloads and providing technical guidance on proper infrastructure choices and satisfying non-functional requirements in data center and public IaaS environments
- Technically curious and motivated
- Team Player – Collaborating with sales teams, customers, service delivery teams, and OEM / Partner Resources
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Outcomes and desired results
- Acquisition of new clients or new spend within existing clients initiated through hybrid cloud and data center infrastructure thought leadership
- Establish Evolving Solutions as an experienced partner and trusted advisor hybrid cloud and complex data center solutions, private IaaS and PaaS capabilities as well as traditional infrastructure solutions
- Year-over-year revenue growth in data center infrastructure spend, specifically Intel based server, hyperconverged platforms and open systems storage
- Demonstrates high level of expertise and develops trusted advisor relationships at target accounts
Desired Technology Expertise
- Overall infrastructure architecture design and implementation experience
- Linux, Windows or other Intel-based Architecture or Administration
- SAN/NAS architecture and design
- Microsoft Data Center and Azure Solutions
- Intel-based server configuration and solution design
- Hyper-converged architecture and deployment
- Server virtualization solutions (VMware, KVM, AHV, Hyper-V)
- Software Defined Datacenter solutions
- Automation Technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, PowerShell, BASH, Python, etc.)
- Corporate office in Hamel, MN (up to 20% travel)
- Reports to Chief Technology Officer