Evolving Solutions Core Values:
Do the Right Thing
Do what is right every day. Your personal integrity and the reputation of Evolving depends on this.
Be a Team Player
Evolving Solutions is better when everyone is together. The ability to solve problems as a team for our clients and partners is Evolving Solutions’ strength and differentiation.
Be Humbly Confident
Possess knowledge and experience to deliver at the highest level, while maintaining the willingness to learn more and the humility to recognize you will never know it all.
Primary Impact / Requirements
The Staff Accountant is responsible for daily accounting transactions, bank reconciliations, reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts, invoicing accuracy, payroll management, sales tax compliance and reporting, and assisting with routine accounting duties.
Specific duties include:
- Accurate and timely processing of semi-monthly payroll.
- Reconciliation of payroll to budget.
- Reconciliation of benefit expenses to provider invoices.
- Sales Tax
- Ensuring compliance with sales tax regulation on all client invoices.
- Accurate sales tax reconciliation and payment for all filing jurisdictions
- Ensures proper tracking, recording and processing of use tax
- Month End
- Support month-end close process, including journal entries, workpaper preparation and account reconciliation.
- Bank reconciliations
- AR Invoicing/Collections
- Accurate and timely processing of AR invoices (non-services)
- Proactively ensure all unique/custom aspects of the client invoice requests are accounted for, including ship to, bill to, sales tax, etc.
- Proactive final reconciliation of AR invoice(s) to supporting documentation to ensure compliance, taking into consideration the bundling of hardware, software and services
- Manage collections of AR to support cash flow and minimize past due amounts, identifying potential issues well in advance of there being an issue
- Manage client onboarding process
- Expense Reports
- Review and approval of expense reports
- Monthly entry of all report information into accounting system
- Credit card processing
- Review charges, obtain approvals and record to appropriate GL accounts
- Manage corporate credit cards and proactively review charges to minimize risk
- Year-end audit support
The qualified candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A minimum of two (2) years of accounting experience, preferably in the technology reseller industry.
- Understanding of GAAP principles.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications.
- High attention to detail with a drive to prepare meticulously accurate work.
- An analytical, creative problem-solving mindset that is enthusiastic and sees challenges as an opportunity to grow.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and positively represent the accounting department to our clients and other departments of Evolving Solutions.
- Confidence and initiative to own processes and identify solutions to become more efficient.
- The ability to prioritize and drive to meet and exceed deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Corporate office in Hamel, MN (Minneapolis)
- Reports to The Controller