Evolving Solutions’ Enterprise Monitoring and Analytics practice focuses on the end-to-end monitoring, predictive analytics and issue detection across an entire application stack and business process. The most common component of this technology mindset is Application performance management (APM).
Application performance management (APM) solutions monitor and manage the performance and availability of business applications. APM strives to detect and diagnose complex application performance problems to maintain an expected level of service.
Within the framework of APM, there are typically two sets of performance metrics that are measured.
- Performance experienced by end users of the application (including load and response times).
- Computational resources used by the application for the load (indicating whether there is enough capacity to support the load and identify where any performance bottlenecks may reside).
Having an effective APM strategy is more critical than ever for an organization. As applications become more complex, integrated into other processes and more difficult to manage, it can be challenging to identify where (and why) an issue resides.
Gartner indicates that APM solutions will facilitate monitoring to meet three main functional dimensions:
- Digital experience monitoring (DEM)
- Application discovery, tracing and diagnostics (ADTD)
- ADTD combines three formerly separate dimensions (Application topology [runtime architecture] discovery and visualization, User-defined transaction profiling, and Application component deep-dive
- Application analytics (AA)